Discussion Forum » General »

Telecon tomorrow (Thursday) @ 5 pm Eastern time

Hi all,

Telecon tomorrow (Dec. 5 in North America, Dec. 6 in Australia) at the regular time: 5 pm Eastern (2 pm Pacific, 11 am Hawaii, 23.00 European, 9 am Eastern Australia). New (and successful) drop test results with test spars added to the parafoil (and real spars ordered), updates on telemetry, on testing of the windowless Hamamatsu photodiodes with the new amplifier boards and new equipment received from Thorlabs, and on progress on AIFCOMSS station-keeping prediction/simulation software. More discussion items for tomorrow's telecon include: flight/telescope plans and tests; construction and lab tests of the new gondolas/payloads; light sources and light source modelling; goniometric and pre- and post-flight calibration; propulsion work; nanosat bus and payload solid models; computing / website / TWiki forums and e-mails; grant applications; and recap of schedules. I'll send a progress report before the telecon tomorrow.

Here's how to connect:

1) Open Skype on your computer (note that of course, you should first install Skype, http://www.skype.com, on your machine if you haven't already).
2) In the "Contacts" menu, add me ( jalbertuvic ) as a contact, if you haven't already.
3) Just wait for me to Skype-call you at the usual time (5 pm Eastern, 2 pm Pacific, etc).
4) If there is any trouble, or if you don't get a Skype-call for some reason and would like to join, please just send me an e-mail (jalbert@uvic.ca).

Here's the tentative agenda:

I) Flight & telescope plans, and upcoming tests
II) Construction, drop tests, and other tests of the new gondola and payload
III) Diffused light source and its modelling, pre- and post-flight calibration, and goniometric calibrations
IV) Solid modelling
V) Computing/website, including recent flight control and simulation progress
VI) Grant applications
VII) AOB

Talk to you all tomorrow, thanks!!!
justin

-- jalbert - 2019-12-04

DiscussionTopicForm
Title Telecon tomorrow (Thursday) @ 5 pm Eastern time
Forum ForumGeneral
Topic attachments
I Attachment History Action Size Date Who Comment
Unknown file formatm4v ALTAIRDropTest2WithTestSparsCorrRigging2Dec19at145pm.m4v r1 manage 35026.9 K 2019-12-04 - 22:52 UnknownUser Second drop test with (nylon+wood) test spars added to the parafoil (and first with rigging un-skewed). ~1:45 pm on Mon. Dec. 2, 2019.
Unknown file formatm4v ALTAIRDropTest3WithTestSparsReverRigging2Dec19at215pm.m4v r1 manage 40747.4 K 2019-12-04 - 22:53 UnknownUser Third drop test with (nylon+wood) test spars added to the parafoil (done with rigging un-skewed, but reversed). ~2:15 pm on Mon. Dec. 2, 2019.
Unknown file formatm4v ALTAIRFirstDropTestWithTestSparsSun1Dec19at3pm.m4v r1 manage 21170.8 K 2019-12-04 - 22:51 UnknownUser First drop test with (nylon+wood) test spars added to the parafoil. ~3 pm on Sun. Dec. 1. The rigging setup was slightly skewed in this drop test.
JPEGJPG ALTAIRParafoilNahidTailoringBeltLoops.JPG r1 manage 2660.1 K 2019-12-04 - 22:57 UnknownUser "Belt loops" and "end stops" sewn on to the parafoil (by Nahid Tailoring Services here in Victoria) for addition of spars to the parafoil. Test spars (nylon & wood) inserted in this photo.
JPEGJPG ALTAIRParafoilNahidTailoringBeltLoopsDetail.JPG r1 manage 2479.9 K 2019-12-04 - 22:59 UnknownUser Detail of "belt loops" sewn on to the parafoil (by Nahid Tailoring Services here in Victoria) for addition of spars to the parafoil.
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r2 < r1 | Backlinks | Raw View | More topic actions...
Topic revision: r1 - 2019-12-04 - jalbert

• Edit
  • Attach
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback